Re: [yast-devel] WebYaST: users/groups management
  • From: Klaus Kaempf <kkaempf@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 14:37:40 +0200
* Michal Zugec <mzugec@xxxxxxx> [Apr 26. 2010 14:29]:

I don't like combobox in this case. In dialog we have now user can see
all possibilities and can choose one of them without scrolling or too
many clicks.

Only if the number of current groups fit into the popup window.

With small screens or too many groups one quickly needs to scroll.

With a combobox, the browser helps to 'scroll' to the right portion of
the list by listening to letters typed on the keyboard. Really huge
groups lists need a different approach alltogether though.

Also because there are already similar dialog - mixing of different
widgets (input field, popup dialog link and combobox) doesn't look very
nice.

I agree. This would be one of the first tasks once we have a dedicated
UI designer.

Klaus
---