Re: [yast-devel] WebYaST: users/groups management
  • From: Michal Zugec <mzugec@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 14:29:05 +0200
On 04/26/2010 02:08 PM, Martin Kudlvasr wrote:
On Monday 26 April 2010 12:06:12 Klaus Kaempf wrote:

The second selects a single group - after he clicks his desired choice,
confirmation is no longer necessary, so the dialog exits. Maybe there can
be a single cancel button at the bottom.

This violates the principle of least surprise. I'd recommend to either
make both dialogs consistent (cancel link + ok button) or change the
second one to a combobox.

Yes, of course there should be a combobox. I was blinded by remaking the
previous select-one dialog.

I don't like combobox in this case. In dialog we have now user can see
all possibilities and can choose one of them without scrolling or too
many clicks.
Also because there are already similar dialog - mixing of different
widgets (input field, popup dialog link and combobox) doesn't look very
nice.
Just my opinion ...

Bye,
Michal