Re: [yast-devel] WebYaST: users/groups management
  • From: Klaus Kaempf <kkaempf@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 12:06:12 +0200
* Martin Kudlvasr <mkudlvasr@xxxxxxx> [Apr 26. 2010 11:54]:
On Friday 23 April 2010 11:07:57 Klaus Kaempf wrote:
- a 'cancel' link is missing besised the 'save' button

What should such cancel button do?

A link, not a button ;-)

The only thing possible is just closing the section.

Yes, just close the section.

- 'manage groups' and 'select default group' should be links

Yes

- the 'manage groups' and 'select default group' popups are not
consistent. The first has 'cancel/ok' at the bottom while the
latter only has a 'close window' icon in the upper right corner

The 2 dialogs are different, because the purpose is different.

My remarks were about the visual appearance, not the functionality.
The latter is hard to grasp from the look & feel.

The first selects a set of groups - process with many clicks, by clicking ok
user acknowledges the choice.

The second selects a single group - after he clicks his desired choice,
confirmation is no longer necessary, so the dialog exits. Maybe there can be
single cancel button at the bottom.

This violates the principle of least surprise. I'd recommend to either
make both dialogs consistent (cancel link + ok button) or change the
second one to a combobox.

Klaus
---