Re: [yast-devel] About catching exceptions
  • From: Josef Reidinger <jreidinger@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 15:25:02 +0200
Klaus Kaempf write:
* Josef Reidinger <jreidinger@xxxxxxx> [Apr 22. 2010 14:33]:

See bnc#598794 where the rest-service errors out (presumably) because
of a permission error but this isn't shown in the rest-service logs.

This should be already fixed, what version of rest-service do you use? ( I
add logging of all exceptions)

origin/master from around noon.

So problem is not uncaught exception, but maybe somewhere other. How
can I reproduce this behavior?

I guess its related to a missing org.opensuse.yast.modules.yapi.groups
permission. Without details (and missing details are exactly my
current problem) I cannot say more :-(

I try to simulate it now and it works as expected. Show red flash with report
of insufficient permissions.
I check rest-service code of groups and I find different code when DBus::Error
occure so I report it. But I cannot find why your problem is not at least
logged.

Klaus
---

Josef Reidinger