[yast-devel] License checking
  • From: Josef Reidinger <jreidinger@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 13:32:09 +0200
Hi,
I add license to almost all headers of source code and there is also checker in
Rake which checks missing license headers in your plugin.
Little howto:
run check: rake license:report
what to do with missing documentation:
- if file is documentation like rest-doc about license is not yet decided (see
bnc#586620)
- if file is source code of third party, then add to first or second line
notice from which source it comes in format(regex) .*Source:.* and checkers
detects it.
- If file is our source code in base, then license is LGPL2 and you can use
same as in already existing files in base
- If file is out source code in plugin, then use GPL2, so you can use same as
already presented in modules.
- other cases or false positives - contact me

welcome any questions
Josef

--
Josef Reidinger