Re: [yast-devel] Common WebYaST RPM macros?
  • From: Klaus Kaempf <kkaempf@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 10:45:02 +0200
* Ladislav Slezak <lslezak@xxxxxxx> [Apr 13. 2010 10:39]:

The problem is in which package it should be placed? I originally thought
about webyast-base-ui and webyast-base-ws. But that would prevent from
sharing the
macros between WS and UI, some macros would be duplicated.

Another (IMO better) solution is to put the macros to
rubygem-webyast-rake-tasks
package.

Yes, this seems the right place for now.

In the future, we might think about a generic "webyast-devel" package
(and possibly an associated 'webyast-testsuite' package) as a
catch-all for development/build-time related stuff.

I think that exactly this problem is addressed in bug #537406 "[task] unify
packaging
of webYaST packages".

You might want to reach out to adrian@xxxxxxx who's currently working
on generating .spec files for the build service. I could imagine
coming up with a DSL (domain specific language) for this task.
(See e.g. http://www.infoq.com/news/2007/06/dsl-or-not)

Klaus
---