[yast-devel] Common WebYaST RPM macros?
  • From: Ladislav Slezak <lslezak@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 10:39:24 +0200

Hi all,

I'm working on bug #594343 - "Enable testsuite during build for all
architectures",
this feature needs some additional code in .spec files.

Because of some permission problems during RPM build the code for starting tests
during RPM build is not simple. I'd like to avoid adding the same (and not nice
looking) code into all packages.

So my proposal is to create a generic set of RPM macros for use in all WebYaST
packages. The macros would be defined in /etc/rpm/macros.webyast file.

The problem is in which package it should be placed? I originally thought
about webyast-base-ui and webyast-base-ws. But that would prevent from sharing
the
macros between WS and UI, some macros would be duplicated.

Another (IMO better) solution is to put the macros to rubygem-webyast-rake-tasks
package. It's currently needed only for WS packages, for UI plugins it would
add a
new dependency. But the tasks package is small and requires just rubygem and
rake
which are already needed so I think it's OK.

More over we could add more common macros and shrink size of all .spec files
and make the changes in .spec files easier. Editing and submitting one package
is
much easier than doing it for each plugin separately...

I think that exactly this problem is addressed in bug #537406 "[task] unify
packaging
of webYaST packages".

Please, comment on this ASAP. I'd like to implement it immediately when RC3
is out. I already have a working prototype...

--

Best Regards

Ladislav Slez√°k
Yast Developer