[yast-devel] Webyast: Bind model to form
  • From: Josef Reidinger <jreidinger@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 13:40:59 +0200
Hi,
during study our views and controller in webclient I found that we almost never
use helpers which bind model to form. You can read it here -
http://guides.rubyonrails.org/form_helpers.html#binding-a-form-to-an-object
Then you can benefit from matching names and you can in controller simple use
<model>.load params[:model]
which set matching attributes. It also produces cleaner views. And last but not
least is that it pressure to have data handling functionality in model ;)

--
Josef Reidinger
YaST team