Re: [yast-devel] WebYaST - control panel configuration
  • From: Stefan Schubert <schubi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 08:41:06 +0100
Am 22.03.2010 16:37, schrieb Ladislav Slezak:
Hi all,

I have added a new config file for the WebYaST control panel.
It's stored in /etc/webyast/control_panel.yml file.

This change allowed me to fix bugs:
Bug 558027 - Regularly update patch status
Bug 558028 - Health status needs to be updated regularly
Bug 580025 - It should be possible to disable "update status" and "system
status" in
the control center

So the overall statuses are automatically refreshed now or they can be
completely
turned off (that can be useful during development or testing, you don't need
to wait
for checking updates and system status).

Thank you. It works really good !

Here I'd like to discuss some issues I found:

The config is stored in /etc/webyast/control_panel.yml and there are some
other files
in that directory, but I found that there is /etc/webyast/vendor/logs.yml
config file.

So my question is what is /etc/webyast/vendor directory for? Is there any
difference
between /etc/webyast/vendor*.yml and /etc/webyast/*.yml files? Which one
should I use
in this case?

I think that is an "accident" :-) . As Josef has already mentioned
normally this directory is used
for the setting of the webservice on the target machine. So I think that
the "vendor" directory
is not needed.

Greetings
Stefan