Re: [yast-devel] Showing state of WebYaST plugins in status plugin.
  • From: Stefan Schubert <schubi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 14:46:40 +0100
Am 22.03.2010 12:55, schrieb Jiří Suchomel:
On Monday 22 of March 2010 12:10:33 Stefan Schubert wrote:

Hi,
currently we have two requests for showing special states of WebYaST
plugins in the
status plugin:

Mail Settings:
When the user has submitted a test mail he will be asked in the status
module,
if he has received the email. This message disappears after he has
confirmed the receive
in the status module.

Registration:
A warning will be displayed in the status module if the user has skipped
over the registration.
This warning disappears only after the user has successfully finished
the registration.

I believe that we will have more such requests in the future. So we
should think about
a generic solution. One proposal would be:

Webservice side:
The status module checks each installed plugin if it has an interface
"status"

like:
registration/registration/status [GET|POST]

[GET| returns:

<states>
<state>
<level>info|warning|error</level>
<message_id>id-string</message_id>
<short_description>....</short_description>
<long_description>...</long_description>
<confirm_button>true|false</confirm_button>
</state>
<state>
</state>
</states>

So each plugin can return more than one message. The "level" will be
displayed in
the status module. "*_description" is a English default description
which will be
displayed if there is no translation on the WebYaST client side available.
"message_id" indicates the translated message in the WebYaST client
status module.
If the user press the "confirm_button" a POST request will be send to
the concerning
service plugin.
Then it is up to the service plugin to reset the state.

Where do you get the translated text, if the status command is purely
rest-based? Or are we going to translate messages from rest services as well?

As long as we do not have any translation mechanism (e.g. language
information
in the REST request) we will have to provide the translation in the
webclient status module.
Thats why I have suggested also a "message_id".

Greetings
Stefan