Re: [yast-devel] WebYaST: problems with jQuery selector name - added safe_id view helper
  • From: Martin Vidner <mvidner@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 15:43:38 +0100
On Mon, Mar 01, 2010 at 02:27:29PM +0100, Ladislav Slezak wrote:

Hi all,

I found a problem in the repositories module that some jQuery commands do not
work as expected. The problem happens when jQuery selector contains symbols
like
%&+#()[]:...

http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/types.html#type-name
ID and NAME tokens must begin with a letter ([A-Za-z]) and may be
followed by any number of letters, digits ([0-9]), hyphens ("-"),
underscores ("_"), colons (":"), and periods (".").

or, http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml/#id
The ASCII symbols and punctuation marks, along with a fairly large
group of Unicode symbol characters, are excluded from names...

This makes me think that people had to solve it in RoR before :)
... and they did, but it works differently than we'd need:
http://api.rubyonrails.org/classes/ActiveSupport/CoreExtensions/String/Inflections.html#M001367
"a,hoj".parameterize == "a'hoj".parameterize

--
Martin Vidner, YaST developer
http://en.opensuse.org/User:Mvidner