Re: [yast-devel] Re: Help needed on how to run shell script as "root" in WebYaST webservice
  • From: Ladislav Slezak <lslezak@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 20:30:57 +0100
On 18.2.2010 13:53, Jiri Srain wrote:
[...]
Have a look here:

http://en.opensuse.org/YaST/Web/Development/Tutorial#Standalone_D-Bus_service

at the tutorial. It describes how to create a generic D-Bus service with an
example how to make it run a command (which is passed through the interface,
which
is not really secure). Hope you can use it.

Right now I am porting yast2-dbus-server from PolicyKit to polkit
(the successor of PolicyKit, actually it's a major redesign of PolicyKit with
incompatible API change) and I found that polkit package already contains a
generic
wrapper for running scripts as root (or as any other user).

So you need only to create a *.policy file for the script and that's it.
No need to create a dedicated DBus service.

See 'man pkexec'.

Unfortunately polkit is not available in SLE11, so this is probably valid only
for
SLE12...

--

Best Regards