Re: [yast-devel] redesign of repo module UI
  • From: Ladislav Slezak <lslezak@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 15:37:08 +0100
On 22.2.2010 14:34, Martin Schmidkunz wrote:
[...]
Explaining "Priorities": An icon would be one solution, but it would break
with
the rest of the current webYaST concept. The other idea would be to add a
simple
line of text like "If packages are available in more repositories, the one
with
the highest priority will be preferred." in a smaller font below the term
"Priority".

Spinbox: Spinbox would be a good idea nonetheless I suggest to give the user
hint about min/max values and meaning of values (0 highest, 99 lowest)

I would prefer a slider widget with values like "Low", "Default" and "High".
The exact priority (a number) could be displayed next to it.

Or (IHMO better way) the exact number can be completely hidden. I think there
is no
need to bother users by the implementation details of priority (that it's an
integer
number with strange meaning - 0 is the _highest_ priority).

--

Best Regards

Ladislav Slezák
Yast Developer