Re: [yast-devel] Webyast - How to show details in flash object
  • From: Josef Reidinger <jreidinger@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 15:29:52 +0100
Ladislav Slezak write:
On 22.2.2010 11:30, Josef Reidinger wrote:
Hi, we sometime need to show details in flash message. Especially in error.
Definition of details is that it should be something which can be
hide/show.
Question is how to do it.
I see two ways: 1) special mark which separate message from details. This
mark is
then replaced by code we want. example: flash[:error] = "You don't have
enough
permissions to run this module. Contact administrator if you need it.
===DETAILS=== User #{user} doesn't have permission #{permission}."

IIRC flash doesn't limit the type of the messages,
we could use e.g. flash[:error_details] for details.

The main page (actually the main layout) would then handle flash
*_details values in a different way.

Yes, but there is problem that we must somehow associate flash message with its
details and if you store 2 errors in flash and only 1 details it is hard to say
which one has these details.

--

Best Regards

Ladislav Slez√°k
Yast Developer
Lihovarsk√° 1060/12 tel: +420 284 028 960
190 00 Prague 9 fax: +420 284 028 951
Czech Republic http://www.suse.cz/

--
Josef Reidinger