Re: [yast-devel] Webyast - How to show details in flash object
  • From: "Duncan Mac-Vicar Prett" <dmacvicar@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 12:47:59 +0100
On Monday 22 February 2010 11:30:58 Josef Reidinger wrote:
Hi,
we sometime need to show details in flash message. Especially in error.
Definition of details is that it should be something which can be
hide/show. Question is how to do it.

There is already a helper in html_helpers which can be used to show an
Exception object, it automatically puts the backtrace in a details link which
opens a popup with copy paste.

That helper uses flash[], and I guess it can be used with normal messages, or
we can refactor it in two functions, one taking a normal message and details
and a second which takes an exception, calling the former.

The helpers automatically setup unique DOM ids for exceptions, or use a random
one if none was provided.

--
Duncan Mac-Vicar P. - Novell® Making IT Work As One™