Re: [yast-devel] some packaging debt
  • From: Klaus Kaempf <kkaempf@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 10:41:41 +0100
* Duncan Mac-Vicar Prett <dmacvicar@xxxxxxx> [Feb 22. 2010 10:38]:

I have noticed the following:

Our code depends on rubygem-relevance-rcov, which is a package that follows a
now obsolete github convention. I have packaged rubygem-rcov.

Thats because the official rcov was unmaintained and branched by
relevance. I haven't followed rcov too closely in the past, we should
check the upstream status before renaming the package.

Would it be feasible to replace it for this iteration?

Also we have ruby-rpam which is based on
http://gitorious.org/opensuse/yast-rest-service/trees/master/rpam

It seems now rpam is even released as a gem from its author (Sept 2009). I
have packaged it as rubygem-rpam, should we switch to it?

I see no problems with that.

Then we have ruby-polkit, which I would also look into make it a rubygem too.
But I have no progress here.

That's our own little extension, needing some love anyways ;-)

Klaus
---