Re: [yast-devel] CSS: Which standard to use?
  • From: Lukas Ocilka <lukas.ocilka@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 10:56:23 +0100

Dne 18.2.2010 11:06, Lukas Ocilka napsal(a):
Dne 18.2.2010 10:46, Klaus Kaempf napsal(a):
According to the current set of requirement, we have to support

- Internet Explorer 8, latest patchlevel
- Firefox 3.5.x

BTW, where's Google Chrome? There were some bugs that 'something' didn't
work in Chrome, so must be supported 'somehow' too.

If there is a common denominator on standards-conformance of these
browsers, lets take this.

I haven't tested them and I doubt there is any site that describes such
a common denominator (or am I wrong?). Thus we either need to define the
common denominator ourselves or use a widely supported standard.

I've found quite nice page about web browsers css support:
http://www.webdevout.net/browser-support-css

As it seems, CSS 3 is not (yet) the way to go, so we should rather think
about CSS 2.1.

At least, we have to define something. Having only 'supported browsers'
is just not enough because, for instance, I don't believe everyone tests
everything in MSIE 8.

I have Firefox 3.5+ installed, how do I test it with MSIE 8 with the
latest patch level? In wine?

Thanks in advance
Lukas