Re: [yast-devel] Problem with lvm on hardware raid
  • From: Christian Ehrlicher <Ch.Ehrlicher@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 21:20:39 +0100
Am 18.02.2010 12:52, schrieb Thomas Fehr:
On Wed, Feb 17, Arvin Schnell wrote:

On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 08:05:13PM +0100, Christian Ehrlicher wrote:
You can make a new RPM of libstorage and add it as a driver
update (dud) in linuxrc, see http://en.opensuse.org/Linuxrc.

Attached patch should fix your problem.
We will have a more robust solution for next openSuSE but this should
do for now.

I did some more investigations and found out that /dev/block/104:0 is a
(relative) symlink to /dev/cciss/c0d0:
/dev/block/104:0 -> ../cciss/c0d0
Now my idea was to do a readlink() when the device was not found inside
storage(). It seems to work - if you want I can provide a patch.

Now my only problem is to include the patch into the driverupdate. I
added a update.tar.gz to the driverupdate file (cpio compressed,
correct?) but Yast doesn't like it :(

I've also another problem that when I provide hostip, netmask and
install options to the boot params yast don't start up. It stops and
goes into non-graphical mode. Then we can start a installation with
exact the same params and all works fine... any ideas what's wrong here?

Thx,
Christian