Re: [yast-devel] Re: Help needed on how to run shell script as "root" in WebYaST webservice
  • From: Jiri Srain <jsrain@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 13:53:22 +0100
Dne čtvrtek 18 Únor 2010 09:50:42 Jiri Srain napsal(a):
Dne středa 17 Únor 2010 20:23:52 Ladislav Slezak napsal(a):
On 17.2.2010 19:53, Hai Shi wrote:
Hi,
Does anybody have update on this issue?

Sorry, no update, but AFAIK Jiří (jsrain) is working on a generic vendor
module.

BTW PolicyKit supports so called annotaions see
http://hal.freedesktop.org/docs/PolicyKit/polkit-conf.html#conf-declaring
-a ctions-annotations

That's exactly what we need here.

I'm working on (mostly documenting and providing a tempate) general D-Bus
service which can be then used by WebYaST. I expect to upload first version
(partly skeleton of the documentation) later today to the openSUSE wiki.

Have a look here:

http://en.opensuse.org/YaST/Web/Development/Tutorial#Standalone_D-Bus_service

at the tutorial. It describes how to create a generic D-Bus service with an
example how to make it run a command (which is passed through the interface,
which is not really secure). Hope you can use it.

In case of any questions, please, get back to me so that I improve the
documentation (or improve it yourself - it's a wiki :-) ). Be aware that this
is the first dump I put to wiki and I intend to continue updating it.

Of course, any feedback is welcome.

Jiri

--
Regards,