Re: [yast-devel] redesign of repo module UI
  • From: Ladislav Slezak <lslezak@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 16:08:25 +0100
On 17.2.2010 15:44, J. Daniel Schmidt wrote:
On Wednesday 17 February 2010 13:53:21 Martin Schmidkunz wrote:

Please find an idea of repo module UI at:
http://home.arcor.de/martin.schmidkunz/repos21.html

Thanks.

Just two remarks:
- Repositories need to be deletable - where to position the delete button?
- Currently PackageKit does not support "services" but we will need to
implement that. So then the list gets more complex as a "service" has many
catalogs that can be enabled or disabled (but not deleted). Please take this
into account when designing it. If you have questions I can explaint it to
you.

For services we could use the same layout as in the traditional yast,
there is a small combo box in the upper right corner for switching
between service and repository view.

Btw. my personal impression of the layout:
I find it hard to get a real overview of the repos if I only can see one of
them in detail. The list should not get so long that we need to only display
the alias name - well if it does, we have a different problem. What about
displaying at least the url (in a second line, small) and a checkmark right
before the alias name signaling if the repo is enabled.
... just my $ 0.02

I agree, the most important value for users is URL and state (enabled/disabled).

Another problem might be with priority - high priority repository shadows
lower priority repositories. Maybe the priority should be displayed when it's
different to the default (99).

--

Best Regards

Ladislav Slez√°k