Re: [yast-devel] redesign of repo module UI
  • From: Josef Reidinger <jreidinger@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 14:54:40 +0100
Katarina Machalkova write:
Ahoj,

Please find an idea of repo module UI at:
http://home.arcor.de/martin.schmidkunz/repos21.html

The main differences to the current UI are:
* compliance with basic concept of overviews as shown on
gagarin.suse.de (OK, the edit string and delete functionality is
missing, but I am sure you`ll figure it out :-))

I'm not a big fan of the idea of unpacking a list item "on mouse over" -
longer stay on such page makes me feel dizzy (in a sense: "like on stormy
sea").
What I prefer is unpacking on demand, with some arrow icon hints. Like in
jquery accordion demo: http://docs.jquery.com/UI/Accordion

Yes, I prefer it also. Just add also hide again on second click (accordion
doesn't do it also)

* less information on screen
* hints on priority

Spinbox would fit excellently here: http://plugins.jquery.com/project/spinbox

Looks good, but if priority is from fixed range, slider could be better -
http://www.dhtmlgoodies.com/scripts/form_widget_amount_slider/form_widget_amount_slider.html

* first implementation of enable/disable in YaST based on current
survey results

Was this really the survey result? I have to complete it and express my
disagreement :)
What was wrong with checkboxes? Isn't it an ideal UI element for values that
can only be turned on/off?

* Does the target user group member know about "priorities"? Shouldn`t
it be explained a little bit more? Tooltip?

Either tooltip, or some small help icon nearby (question mark, "What is
this?") with a tooltip

fB.

--
Josef Reidinger