[yast-devel] yast documentation
  • From: stefan.eisenwiener@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 02:04:09 +0100
Hallo everybody,
I have tried to renew the greman webappearance of YaST (because it was the
oldest layout).
Now I am needing some help. I'm getting to the developers documentation, and
somethings don't make sense.

-- basic YCP questions
1. Why do we need YCP. (an other scripting language would have done the same
trick)
2. Why is YCP type based.
3. What is the use of Symbol and Trem Datatypes in YCP. (not the format)
4. What is the use of Byteblock Datatype.

-- Modul design question
Why is the SCR concept not used like it was defined in the documentation, to be
the system IO.
According to the Tutorial one should write a global API of the Modul to access
data the Modul works with.
This HACK would be redundant if SCR like described in the documentation, would
provide the data.

OK this would meen the SCR tree would be something like the Registry from the
evil Empire of Redmond,
founded by Darth Gates. :-)

If anyone could help me, it would meen much to me, thanks.

best regards
Stefan Eisenwiener

Unbegrenzter Speicher, Top-Spamschutz, 120 SMS und eigene E-MailDomain inkl.
http://office.freenet.de/dienste/emailoffice/produktuebersicht/power/mail/index.html

< Previous Next >
List Navigation