Re: [yast-devel] WebYaST - Repository manager
  • From: Klaus Kaempf <kkaempf@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 16:01:56 +0100
* Ladislav Slezak <lslezak@xxxxxxx> [Jan 22. 2010 15:51]:

Hi,

I have a question regarding the Repository manager feature.

I found that PackageKit doesn't support all needed
actions for this feature:

Only alias, name, status (enabled/disabled) can be read,
AFAIK there is no way to read url, keep_packages, autorefresh and priority
attributes.

Similar problem is with writing, only status, priority and autorefresh can be
changed.

Uhm, is the set of attributes available for reading (alias, name,
status) really different from writing (status, prio, refresh) ??

It seems that we need to enhance PackageKit and libzypp-backend, or have
I overlooked something?

I'd prefer this, if it has reasonable effort and we can push the
changes upstream.

Or should we use another backend in the Repository manager (e.g.
pkg-bindings)?

If PackageKit cannot be enhanced at reasonable costs, calling 'zypper'
from a D-Bus service (implemented in Ruby) would be a better option IMHO.

Klaus
---