Re: [yast-devel] WebYaST from source wiki update
  • From: Jiri Srain <jsrain@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 12:36:28 +0100
Hi!

I tried to go through these instructions and came to following issues:

Dne pondělí 18 Leden 2010 17:48:32 Martin Kudlvasr napsal(a):
Greetings good people of openSUSE,

I've added some rake tasks to simplify webyast deployment from git
repository. With that, I've also updated wiki pages which describe webyast
deployment from sources (both were very old and hardly usable):

http://en.opensuse.org/YaST/Web/Installation/Service/FromSource

cd yast-rest-service
rake deploy_devel_all
cd -

The deploy_devel_all task is not defined in the Rakefile. I used deploy_local
instead, however, ended up with following error (when ran as root, since write
access to /etc/webyast is needed by this task):

(in /local/git/yast-rest-service)
(in /local/git/yast-rest-service/webservice)
rake aborted!
no such file to load -- tasks/webservice_tasks
/local/git/yast-rest-service/webservice/Rakefile:27
rake aborted!
Error on execute '/usr/bin/rake deploy_local' inside webservice/
/local/git/yast-rest-service/Rakefile:29

http://en.opensuse.org/YaST/Web/Installation/Client/FromSource

cd yast-web-client
rake deploy_devel_all
cd -

results in

(in /local/git/yast-web-client)
(in /local/git/yast-web-client/webclient)
./po/el/yast_webclient.po -> ./locale/el/LC_MESSAGES/yast_webclient.mo ...
rake aborted!
undefined method `size' for nil:NilClass

rake aborted!
Error on execute task makemo on webclient
/local/git/yast-web-client/Rakefile:16
jsrain@tullamore:/local/git/yast-web-client> vi Rakefile
jsrain@tullamore:/local/git/yast-web-client> rake deploy_devel_all
(in /local/git/yast-web-client)
(in /local/git/yast-web-client/webclient)
./po/el/yast_webclient.po -> ./locale/el/LC_MESSAGES/yast_webclient.mo ...
rake aborted!
undefined method `size' for nil:NilClass

rake aborted!
Error on execute task makemo on webclient
/local/git/yast-web-client/Rakefile:16

Now there's also a lot of focus on which repositories, packages and
versions to use.

Any ideas how to overcome these issues?

BTW: Both pages mention the port number as assigned by IANA, AFAIK only the
rest service one (4984) is officially assigned, is that right?

Jiri

--
Regards,

Jiri Srain