Re: [yast-devel] Webyast - proposal of test&commit rules
  • From: Josef Reidinger <jreidinger@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 15:39:34 +0100
Klaus Kaempf write:
* Josef Reidinger <jreidinger@xxxxxxx> [Jan 14. 2010 13:26]:
[proposal removed to save space]

Josef,

thanks for the proposal.

I welcome any suggestions or comments. After discuss it will be placed
on wiki. What you suggest if commit don't follow rules - immediately
revert?

First we have to detect failure to follow the rules. Any ideas how to
automate this and send people a friendly remainder ?

Automatic detection of breaking rules is hard, becase not all commit must
touch test directory, because some fix could just change icon or spec file. But
I hope, that if developers habituate to write test code. So I hope manual check
is enough.
Question is if is better to send mail reminder, IRC or write comment to
gitorious.
Josef

--
Josef Reidinger