Re: [yast-devel] RE: yas2 configuration
  • From: Martin Vidner <mvidner@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2010 13:00:20 +0100
On Thu, Jan 07, 2010 at 09:00:57AM -0800, James Warthen wrote:

I need to reconfigure yast2 to only show specific modules once the system is
configured for a non root user.

I assume that you're using the GTK flavor, because the Qt flavor
DOES support it, but in a different way (showing modules that are
useful without root and without sudo)

 OR give the user sudo access to yast2 and make the following the only
available modules.

lan
dns
routing
timezone

I was under the impresion the this can be done by editing
/etc/YaST2/control.xml but I have had no luck. Any sugestions or advice would
be welcome. Since I can't seem to find any documentation on modifing the
yast2 configuration search result always come up with using yast to configure
X.

No, /etc/YaST2/control.xml mostly controls what is done during the
installation workflow.

You can add the specific commands to /etc/sudoers (and use "yast2
sudo" for that)
/sbin/yast2 lan
/sbin/yast2 dns

BTW we have started to make things like this being configurable with
PolicyKit, in WebYaST, which is however still rather young.
--
Martin Vidner, YaST developer
http://en.opensuse.org/User:Mvidner