[yast-devel] New FileUtils functions (a new-year present for YCP users)
  • From: Katarina Machalkova <kmachalkova@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 15:11:44 +0100
Look what the three wise men from the east have brought us: new functions for
file handling (most of them are self-explanatory):

// user:group, file name, true for directories
FileUtils::Chown ( "nobody:nogroup", "/tmp", recursively)

// access rights, file name, true for directories
FileUtils::Chmod ("go-rwx", "/etc/passwd", recursively)

// file name template, user:group, access rights
FileUtils::MkTempFile ( "/tmp/tmpfile.XXXX", "somebody:somegroup", "744")

// dir name template, user:group, access rights
FileUtils::MkTempDirectory ( "/tmp/tmpdir.XXXX", "nobody:nogroup", "go+x")

If you use one of the mktemp functions, do not forget to call
FileUtils::CleanupTemp() somewhere in the cleanup routines of your
module/client, in order to remove tmpfiles created by all previous calls to
FileUtils::MkTemp*

For more details and examples, see FileUtils.ycp module

fB.

P.S. These were actually not the three wise men :) I've coded these routines
while working on YaST support for SLMS folks and they live in SlmsServerUtils
YCP module in internal git repo. I thought however they might be of general
interest, hence I copied them to FileUtils in yast2 base package

P.P.S If anyone would like to see these routines backported to code11 (SLE11
SP1, for example), let me know
--
\\\\\ Katarina Machalkova
\\\\\\\__o YaST developer