Re: [yast-devel] redesign of webyast users module
  • From: Ralf Haferkamp <rhafer@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 11:49:50 +0100
Am Dienstag 29 Dezember 2009 11:05:46 schrieb Martin Schmidkunz:
Hi,

please find some ideas for a redesign of webYaST`s "Users" module at:
http://home.arcor.de/martin.schmidkunz/ (wasn`t sure if it is a good
idea to store all the jquery stuff in my Export...)
It is based on rlihm`s mock up (http://gagarin.suse.de/).

[..]

Do you have any other topics concerning users module GUI?

I am unsure about the use case of the Users Module in WebYaST. How many
users do you expect to be managed through it? Should it support LDAP
based users like yast2-users? If yes, then it might need to handle quite
a large amount of users (thousands?) e.g. by providing functionality to
search for a specific users and/or to filter the list by certain criteria
instead of always showing all available users.

If it is only intended for managing local /etc/passwd users such things
are probably not needed.

regards,
Ralf