Re: [yast-devel] Printer
  • From: Michal Zugec <mzugec@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 11:14:27 +0100
On 28.12.2009 01:19, Donn Washburn wrote:
Hey Group;

This may be the wrong place to bring this up. However, it is a
perceived Yast2 Printer problem.
I have a Bother MFC-7840W USB laser printer that according to
www.linuxprinter.org it works with Brothers drivers - I have them
installed. lsusb and hwinfo --usb find it. And modprobe has all the
modules required. But Yast2>Hardware>Printer under Add connection
wizard USB will not show any devices or my USB printer. Why would this
be the case.

I went to USB and as I remember I hit enter and on the right side a new
window shows up and is always empty. Yast2 then will not advance until
something is selected

Could you please write bugreport for that and attach yast logs?

Thank you,
Michal

--
Best Regards,