Re: [yast-devel] Just note about PATH in YaPI modules
  • From: Klaus Kaempf <kkaempf@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 15:00:31 +0100
* Josef Reidinger <jreidinger@xxxxxxx> [Nov 19. 2009 14:57]:
I now find where is problem in NTP synchronization in RC3. It is problem that
PATH in YaPI modules is not same as PATH for user root.

Josef,

thanks for finding this.

So if you run any script or program from /usr/sbin or /sbin use full path to
that script otherwise it is not found.

Actually, this is a rule in YCP and the scr execute component will log
a warning if commands don't specify the full path.

Also I found that many YaPI modules doesn't log anything. Maybe it
should be useful to add some logging to easier debugging customer
issues.

Please open a bug for this, so we can work on it later.

Klaus
---