Re: [yast-devel] WebYaST: Only write back actual changes !
  • From: Josef Reidinger <jreidinger@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 17:13:57 +0100
Josef Reidinger write:
Duncan Mac-Vicar Prett write:
On Friday 13 November 2009 16:19:09 Josef Reidinger wrote:
I think this is general issue of all rest modules as we don't check
previous status. Also we don't make difference between create and
update call to rest- service.
Josef

I don't know patterns to solve this problem, but one option could be to
use a jQuery plugin to make the forms dirty, that way we can highlight
what the user changed, and enable/disable the save button

http://www.swartzfager.org/thoughts/post.cfm/new-jquery-plugin-dirtyfield
s- bring-attention-to-changed-unsaved-fields
(you have to look in the comments where he comments the formIsDirty
callback)

Now, network saves when one press next button, but there should be a way
of passing this dirty value forwards.

Duncan

I think it should not be job for javascript. I think that his should solve
ActiveResource. If you use find...and then call update and values doesn't
change should not be sent back (not have enough rest knowledge to find
recommended way).

few sources for partial rest update:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/232041/how-to-submit-restful-partial-
updates
http://bitworking.org/news/296/How-To-Do-RESTful-Partial-Updates

so I feel, that problem is that there is no unified way, but I think that if
we send only changed elements to rest-service it is quite good way.
Josef

--
Josef Reidinger
YaST team