Re: [yast-devel] WebYaST: Only write back actual changes !
  • From: Josef Reidinger <jreidinger@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 17:09:20 +0100
Duncan Mac-Vicar Prett write:
On Friday 13 November 2009 16:19:09 Josef Reidinger wrote:
I think this is general issue of all rest modules as we don't check
previous status. Also we don't make difference between create and update
call to rest- service.
Josef

I don't know patterns to solve this problem, but one option could be to use
a jQuery plugin to make the forms dirty, that way we can highlight what
the user changed, and enable/disable the save button

http://www.swartzfager.org/thoughts/post.cfm/new-jquery-plugin-dirtyfields-
bring-attention-to-changed-unsaved-fields
(you have to look in the comments where he comments the formIsDirty
callback)

Now, network saves when one press next button, but there should be a way of
passing this dirty value forwards.

Duncan

I think it should not be job for javascript. I think that his should solve
ActiveResource. If you use find...and then call update and values doesn't
change should not be sent back (not have enough rest knowledge to find
recommended way).

--
Josef Reidinger
YaST team