Re: [yast-devel] WebYaST: Only write back actual changes !
  • From: "Duncan Mac-Vicar Prett" <dmacvicar@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 16:52:36 +0100
On Friday 13 November 2009 16:19:09 Josef Reidinger wrote:
I think this is general issue of all rest modules as we don't check
previous status. Also we don't make difference between create and update
call to rest- service.
Josef

I don't know patterns to solve this problem, but one option could be to use a
jQuery plugin to make the forms dirty, that way we can highlight what the user
changed, and enable/disable the save button

http://www.swartzfager.org/thoughts/post.cfm/new-jquery-plugin-dirtyfields-
bring-attention-to-changed-unsaved-fields
(you have to look in the comments where he comments the formIsDirty callback)

Now, network saves when one press next button, but there should be a way of
passing this dirty value forwards.

Duncan