Re: [yast-devel] on bnc#554946 and late RC
  • From: Josef Reidinger <jreidinger@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 08:30:23 +0100
Martin Kudlvasr write:
Hi,
just before today's RC, we've hit a 554946 (WebYaST reports permission
errors). Backend reported bad rights everywhere and webclient ended in
endless loop.
2 things caused this:

1) change of policyKit rights setup scripts which is called in all plugin
%post.

Until now /etc/yastws/tools/policyKit-rights.rb was used, but then it was
changed to /usr/sbin/grantwebyastrights (IMHO good change from long time
perspective). It change happened 2 days ago.
So yast2-webservice was installed and the right script was run. But then
the plugin scripts were installed without adding their rights in .policy
files.

My fault, sorry. Thanks to your fix. I take this bug as I think that skip
settings permissions if something is wrong is bad behavior and change it to
final release ( I think that hudson create testing installation so it should
catch similar problems).

So, don't silent fail if something goes wrong.

2) fix of bnc#554452 (Basic setup workflow starts with an error message).

Originally (some weeks ago), when there was an exception in some basesystem
module, the webclient stayed in endless loop of redirections. To brake the
loop an to see the message, I've created the additional page. Now, when
solving bug 554452, I hoped that we are long past problems with read
permissions. But it looks like we will have to find another way of breaking
the endless loop in basesystem (filed as bnc#554989).

I must think about solution, but maybe if we redirect to controlpanel and
basesystem already start, then something is wrong and show your additional
page, what do you think?

Cheers,
Martin

--