[yast-devel] on bnc#554946 and late RC
  • From: Martin Kudlvasr <mkudlvasr@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 19:30:51 +0100
Hi,
just before today's RC, we've hit a 554946 (WebYaST reports permission
errors). Backend reported bad rights everywhere and webclient ended in endless
loop.
2 things caused this:

1) change of policyKit rights setup scripts which is called in all plugin
%post.

Until now /etc/yastws/tools/policyKit-rights.rb was used, but then it was
changed to /usr/sbin/grantwebyastrights (IMHO good change from long time
perspective). It change happened 2 days ago.
So yast2-webservice was installed and the right script was run. But then the
plugin scripts were installed without adding their rights in .policy files.

2) fix of bnc#554452 (Basic setup workflow starts with an error message).

Originally (some weeks ago), when there was an exception in some basesystem
module, the webclient stayed in endless loop of redirections. To brake the
loop an to see the message, I've created the additional page. Now, when
solving bug 554452, I hoped that we are long past problems with read
permissions. But it looks like we will have to find another way of breaking
the endless loop in basesystem (filed as bnc#554989).

Cheers,
Martin