Re: [yast-devel] git question
  • From: Josef Reidinger <jreidinger@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 17:35:33 +0100
Martin Schmidkunz write:
Hi,

when committing my stuff I first use "git commit -a -m "explanatory
text"" and then "git push"

But when using "git push" I receive the following message:

To git+ssh://git@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/projects/yast/web-client.git
! [rejected] master -> master (non-fast forward)
error: failed to push some refs to
'git+ssh://git@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/projects/yast/web-client.git'
To prevent you from losing history, non-fast-forward updates were rejected.
Merge the remote changes before pushing again.
See 'non-fast forward' section of 'git push --help' for details.

Unfortunately the git help was not useful for me, so I hope that someone
can help me answering my questions:
* how can I avoid this message?
* are my changes committed at all? (couldn`t spot them at
http://git.opensuse.org/?p=projects/yast/web-client.git;a=summary)

Thanks and have a nice evening,

Martin

Hi,
it means that you doesn't have updates master. I use for this purpose git pull
--rebase which update your repo and move your commit at top of new repository
state.
If you have some conflict it is harder, I recommend ask on IRC for faster
response ;)
Josef

--
Josef Reidinger