[yast-devel] [webYaST] Bug 551276 - remove Scr.execute from services plugin
  • From: Jiří Suchomel <jsuchome@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2009 13:15:59 +0100
Hi!
We are still undecided which way to go in bug 551276.

Picture: we need a way to call (from rest service) a custom script which is
written in custom config file. Currently we are parsing the config file
directly in rest service plugin and calling the script with Scr.execute.

We have these options so far:

a) use YaPI::SERVICES and call the script from here. The problem is, to parse
yml file, we'd need perl-YAML package, which is not on SLE11, but on SDK.

b) use YaPI::SERVICES, and from perl file, call ruby module which would care
for parsing yml file. But for using ruby at this place, we'd need
yast2-ruby-bindings, which also is not on SLE11. Could we include in as a
part of webYaST?

c) write new dbus service. We'd need ruby-dbus package: also not part of
SLE11, but included in webYaST repo anyway. Comparing to a+b, this would mean
more code, and new service which may need new security audit.

d) do not use YML as config file, but something parsable from Perl without
additional requires.

d2) use file called custom_services.yml, and parse it directly from Perl. This
means, it could not be true yml, only minimal subset.

There's ongoing discussion in bug 551276, but maybe more people can find the
right solution.

Jiri

--
Jiri Suchomel

Lihovarská 1060/12 tel: +420 284 028 960