Re: [yast-devel] [webYaST] :dasherize => false not enough to stop dasherizing? (bug 551284)
  • From: Stefan Schubert <schubi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2009 13:23:26 +0100
Klaus Kaempf schrieb:
* Jiří Suchomel <jsuchome@xxxxxxx> [Nov 02. 2009 09:17]:
Hi!
Bug 551284 describes a problem of mail_settings plugin when it is called for a second time (while first time it was during basesystem sequence). The problem itself is that underscores are changed to dashes in the POST call. And indeed, mail_settings_controller of the webservice lacks the option to set dasherize to false in respond_to function, so the solution looked easy.

Hmm,
http://www.bluequartz.us/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=318726&sid=ef2add12b91437160380ae3a8f078521
points to Hash.dasherize_xml which is set to 'true' by default.

Try setting it to 'false'.

Klaus
---

I am also interested in "Hash.dasherize_xml" If it does work I would be able to drop this work around from the registration model:

# Hash.from_xml converts dashes in keys to underscores
# by this we can not find out the correct key name (whether it was a dash or an underscore)
# unfortunately the regcode keys in registration make excessive use of dashes AND underscores
# that way the information gets lost what key to assign the correct value.
# So the function "unrename_keys" will be overwritten
module RailsHashFromWithoutConversationKey
Hash.class_eval do
def self.unrename_keys(params)
case params.class.to_s
when "Hash"
params.inject({}) do |h,(k,v)|
h[k.to_s] = unrename_keys(v)
end
when "Array"
params.map { |v| unrename_keys(v) }
else
params
end
end
end
end

So please try this and tell us the result :-)