Re: [yast-devel] WebYaST Beta 3 released
  • From: "Duncan Mac-Vicar Prett" <dmacvicar@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 09:19:27 +0100
On Monday 26 October 2009 19:06:38 J. Daniel Schmidt wrote:
On Monday 26 October 2009 17:51:16 Martin Vidner wrote:
KNOWN BUGS:
- See this query for a complete bug list:

Registration raises an error (did not use the latest code).
You can workaround this by applying the attached patch.

Ciao,
Daniel

The right way to fix it would be first to update
plugins/registration/test/unit/registration_test.rb and reproduce the bug by
passing a non-Hash. Then add the safeguard code and make sure the test pass.

Anyway, how that situation happens? that it receives data that is not a Hash?

Another minor detail. I suggest you use obj.is_a?(MyClass) instead of
obj.class == MyClass
What you are doing is equivalent to obj.instance_of?(MyClass) or testing if
the class of the object is exactly Hash.
However obj.is_a?(MyClass) determines whether obj is a Hash or any subclass of
it, which is more close to what you are looking for (testing whether the
object acts like a hash) (the 100% correct way would be to see if the object
respond to some Hash-like methods, but that would be too much).

Still, I am concerned on how that code would get anything that is not a Hash
or nil.

--
Duncan Mac-Vicar P. - Engineering Manager, YaST