Re: [yast-devel] WebYaST: package naming conventions
  • From: Martin Vidner <mvidner@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 14:00:12 +0200
On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 01:49:04PM +0200, Jiří Suchomel wrote:
Hi,
I wanted to close bug 548676 ("mail_settings vs. mailsettings name
inconsistency"), however, I found that we do not have any unique conventions
of how to name a packages. We have packages:

- with underscore in the name: yast2-webclient-patch_updates
- with dash: yast2-webclient-custom-services
- withoutwordseparators: yast2-webclient-systemtime

... so, shouldn't we unify it?
Dash looks good in the name, because we have it already in the "yast2-web"
part, but than we cannot find a consistency with controller/model names,
which should have underscores or nothing.

(un)fortunately, RPM is not integrated with Rails, so we do not need
a strict consistency between Rails names and RPM names. We have
dashes in the yast2-web prefix already, so let's use dashes.

"system time" is a bad name. In the same spirit we could have system
language, system users, system patches... -> use "time".

But please only next week, I feel we will have enough fun already
putting B3 togetter.
--
Martin Vidner, YaST developer
http://en.opensuse.org/User:Mvidner