[yast-devel] WebYaST release process
  • From: Martin Vidner <mvidner@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 17:50:46 +0200
Hi,

1) YaST:Web:STABLE
2) weekly releases

1)
there is a need for a stable repository, as a base for releases
(both as repos and appliances) and for QA people.

I will create another project in OBS,
https://build.opensuse.org/project/show?project=YaST:Web:STABLE
Few people(#) will be maintainers there and you will send submit
requests. They will be rewieved, mainly to check that
*the changes are documented in the changelog, with bug numbers*

(I would like to hijack YaST:Web:Demo for this purpose but
apparently a rename is not possible)

That way the current repo,
https://build.opensuse.org/project/show?project=YaST:Web
can get checkins from Hudson even when we are making a release.

So Y:W:S is like Factory and Y:W is its devel project.

2)
There will be weekly releases on Fridays.
By Thursday evening, you should
- submit the packages and request the check in to YWS
- send snippets for the weekly news:
-- for the users (testers)
-- for the developers, if you changed the framework or a library

Overnight, the packages should build. On Friday I will make a test
appliance, run it to catch obvious breakages (and play Coolo in such
cases) upload it and compile the announcement.

For this week, let's move the deadline to Friday noon. Before that,
I will set up the project.

(#) Who wants to play?
--
Martin Vidner, YaST developer