Re: [yast-devel] almost-fixing zero eulas
  • From: Martin Kudlvasr <mkudlvasr@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 15:03:20 +0200
On Tuesday 20 October 2009 10:22:42 Stefan Schubert wrote:
Hi,
I have had the same problem, so I checked in the fix meanwhile.
The general question has raised if the EULA acceptance is really
needed on service side while every other service REST call?
Isn't enough to check the EULA in the installation workflow only?

Yes, it is enough, BUT there is no installation workflow on the service side.
Webservice can be asked just to mark basesystem as finished (without
processing its workflow). And this basesystem-finished flag is never checked
on backend. It is only checked in UI (controlpanel).

When doing real installation, eula has to be accepted. The "flag" (that eula
was accepted) is "saved" by installing the product. When the eula was not
accepted, the installation did not run. There is no problem.
In our case we have an already installed product and we have to save the
"flag" explicitly. Simply because user is allowed to skip the installation
workflow.

Cheers,
Martin

Greetings