Re: [yast-devel] use-activeresource: continuation
  • From: Martin Vidner <mvidner@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 16:28:11 +0200
On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 09:49:32AM +0200, Duncan Mac-Vicar Prett wrote:
On Wednesday 23 September 2009 16:00:11 Martin Kudlvasr wrote:
Only the name of the class does not convince me, may be the name
YaST:ServiceResource::Base can be reused (there is already such class
there)

The YastResource name was chosen quickly as we knew it was going to be only
temporary. I personally have no preferred name.
If we are going to plan a transition, we should keep 2 names for some time.
Both service_resource.rb and YastResource can be used by plugins at the
same time. This way we can achieve a fluent transition.

What I mean, ServiceResource is a module, not a class. And there is already a
empty class YaST:ServiceResource::Base there

I have moved the code to assume the place of
YaST::ServiceResource::Base - see the branch:
http://git.opensuse.org/?p=projects/yast/web-client.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/use-activeresource

I think it is in a working shape so I am considering to merge it to
master and use it for yast2-webclient-network.
--
Martin Vidner, YaST developer
http://en.opensuse.org/User:Mvidner