Re: [yast-devel] mail server rest API proposal
  • From: Klaus Kaempf <kkaempf@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 13:17:49 +0200
* Jiří Suchomel <jsuchome@xxxxxxx> [Oct 08. 2009 12:05]:
Mail server module proposal (fate #307142)

Tasks:
- configure the SMTP server used for sending mails:
- smtp server address
- authentication fields

Model

singleton class MailServer

I wonder if 'MailServer' is detailed enough.
How would we name the class for configuring a local smtp server ?

attributes
string smtp_server
string login
string password
string tls

What is tls ?

access to the system:
YaPI::MailServer
YaPI::SERVICES

Policies

org.opensuse.yast.modules.yapi.mailserver.read
org.opensuse.yast.modules.yapi.mailserver.write

API

The URI should add more detail. Long term, WebYaST might need to
support managing local mails, a local smtp server, procmail, etc.

REST service pseudo-code:

# GET method
def show

read and return current settings

# PUT method
def update (params)

save new settings: smtp server address and credentials
if there was a change, reload of postfix service is needed

Klaus
---