Re: [yast-devel] appliance module status
  • From: Martin Vidner <mvidner@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 15:31:50 +0200
On Wed, Oct 07, 2009 at 12:48:50PM +0200, Martin Vidner wrote:
MODULE SPECIFIC NEWS:
- I don't know what changed in the individual modules. We need to
fix this part

Before we let the hungry masses test it, we should let them know
what to expect, so that they don't report the missing icon over and
over.

Everyone, for your modules, please send:
- known bugs (with bnc#)
(not all of them, we will post a URL for that query(*), just the
most visible ones)
- missing features (refer to FATE **)
- cool features not to be missed

So far I have this: (BTW what determines the order of the icons?)

Time
- works

Updates
- patches cannot be applied (bnc#537660)
- are there any updates available?
Now I've noticed that the IBS built appliance references internal
repos...

Status
- works

System Services
- works

User Permissions
- works

Network (FATE#306699)
- Proxy settings are not done at all
- No localization (~ FATE#307604)
- Input validation only works for Default Route
- [0.0.10] Update fails with a 500 (no bnc, the fix is in OBS)
- Input fields are not disabled when DHCP is selected
- There is no recovery when the IP is changed
(should delay and redirect to the new IP, or at least write a hint
to do so manually)
- The UI is not polished
- Awfully slow

Language
- works (except the individual modules may miss translations)

Custom Service
- the icon is still missing (bnc#544355)

Firewall/SSH
- broken, no FATE. drop?

Administrator Settings
- works

Base Setup AKA First Boot
- works

SMTP Server
- missing

Log Viewer
- the backend is present but the UI is missing

EULA display
- backend WIP, UI missing

Registration
- ?