Re: [yast-devel] GUI related questions about registration
  • From: Klaus Kaempf <kkaempf@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 09:57:43 +0200
* Stanislav Visnovsky <visnov@xxxxxxx> [Oct 05. 2009 22:11]:

Having the registration server configurable in a config file ? I fully
agree.

Well,, for appliance, we do not have anything like 'installation parameter'
to set up registration server. We need other means to provide easy way to
adapt this during deployment.

Hmm, maybe I misunderstand you here.

From my POV, the appliance vendor provides a set of configuration
values for WebYaST, including the registration server.
The end customer should not be bothered by this (and I fail to see the
need for it either).

Klaus
---