Re: [yast-devel] GUI related questions about registration
  • From: Klaus Kaempf <kkaempf@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2009 09:21:02 +0200
* Stanislav Visnovsky <visnov@xxxxxxx> [Oct 04. 2009 21:01]:
On štvrtok 01 Október 2009 11:13:18 Klaus Kaempf wrote:
* Martin Schmidkunz <mschmidkunz@xxxxxxx> [Oct 01. 2009 09:47]:
Hi,

I am just pondering about the design of the "Details of Registration
Server" dialog, where the user is able to modify the registration
server and to administer needed certificates and I have some
questions about it:
* Do we want to do configuration of registration server via GUI at all?

No. I don't see this requested and it also wouldn't match our target
audience (unexperienced users).

Well, SMT is able to handle appliances and that is a valid use cases.

Having the registration server configurable in a config file ? I fully
agree.

Though I'm not sure is having the option available easily is needed.

That's the point. There's no need to expose this via the UI currently.

Klaus
---