Re: [yast-devel] WebYaST packages building
  • From: Stefan Schubert <schubi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 14:34:48 +0200
Jiri Srain schrieb:
Dne středa 30 Září 2009 14:13:45 Stefan Schubert napsal(a):
Jiri Srain schrieb:
Hi!

We have inconsistencies in the WebYaST build (see details below (*)). In
order to move forward, we need to have the package versions consistent.
Therefore I suggest:
- keep the webyast-specific packages the same for both build targets (as
it is now); just ensure proper dependencies of the packages (see
http://lists.opensuse.org/yast-devel/2009-09/msg00123.html)
- use Factory (without modifications) yast2 packages to build against
Factory - for SLE11 use the Code11-SP1 branch in the YaST SVN and submit
the packages to YaST:Web enabling build only for SLE11.
Thank you Jiri. I think this is a clear way. But I am not sure if all
needed YaST changes
in trunk are already ported to Code11-SP1 branch. Anyway we will have to
do this
and it is a good time to start with:-)

Unfortunately not. Ladislav already started working on that, therefore, expect some build failures (I will try to be catching them as early as possible).

It will involve some manual work, this is something we need to live with.

The open question I have is why we have yast2-perl-bindings and yast2-libyui; it sounds to me like the only reason is binary compatibility, right?
yast2-libyui: Yes

yast2-perl-bindings: I do not really know, but I think so.

Greetings
Stefan