Re: [yast-devel] WebYaST packages building
  • From: Jiri Srain <jsrain@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 14:19:49 +0200
Dne středa 30 Září 2009 14:13:45 Stefan Schubert napsal(a):
Jiri Srain schrieb:
Hi!

We have inconsistencies in the WebYaST build (see details below (*)). In
order to move forward, we need to have the package versions consistent.
Therefore I suggest:
- keep the webyast-specific packages the same for both build targets (as
it is now); just ensure proper dependencies of the packages (see
http://lists.opensuse.org/yast-devel/2009-09/msg00123.html)
- use Factory (without modifications) yast2 packages to build against
Factory - for SLE11 use the Code11-SP1 branch in the YaST SVN and submit
the packages to YaST:Web enabling build only for SLE11.

Thank you Jiri. I think this is a clear way. But I am not sure if all
needed YaST changes
in trunk are already ported to Code11-SP1 branch. Anyway we will have to
do this
and it is a good time to start with:-)

Unfortunately not. Ladislav already started working on that, therefore, expect
some build failures (I will try to be catching them as early as possible).

It will involve some manual work, this is something we need to live with.

The open question I have is why we have yast2-perl-bindings and yast2-libyui;
it sounds to me like the only reason is binary compatibility, right?

Jiri

Greetings
Stefan

Any comments?

Jiri

(*) Currently, yast2-network is still not building in the YaST:Web (resp.
Devel:WebYaST) repository for SLE11, some packages are failing to build
against Factory. yast2-network is currently failing in initializing the
build system because of conflict between yast2-2.18 and
yast2-installation-2.17.

I have tried to add the latest yast2-installation package too. But then
I have struggled
over yast2-storage and I fear that will go on and go on....

The classic YaST packages with API for WebYaST, which are in the repo,
are mostly coming from the SVN trunk (2.18), however, not all of YaST are
there. This results in an incompatible mix of SLE11 and 11.2 packages in
the buildsystem.

Which is really not good.

--
Regards,