Re: [yast-devel] use-activeresource: continuation
  • From: "Duncan Mac-Vicar Prett" <dmacvicar@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 15:13:47 +0200
On Tuesday 22 September 2009 14:41:43 Martin Kudlvasr wrote:
This work was done to show, that there are other (and many think better)
approaches to the problem than dynamic creation of classes in
service_resource.rb. So I especially ask Duncan and Klaas, what other
problems service_resource solves and YastResource does not.

Please let me know what you think.

I think this is a great step forward.

The argument of being able to add code to the client proxy that otherwise
would go in the model is enough to convince for the benefits.

Only the name of the class does not convince me, may be the name
YaST:ServiceResource::Base can be reused (there is already such class there)

Also the initialization that needs to be done looks weird, but I can't think
on something to avoid it.

--
Duncan Mac-Vicar P. - Engineering Manager, YaST